Fresh fruit from the home garden is something fine. In the fruit harvest However, there are a few things to consider to avoid damaging the trees and storing the fruit properly for the winter.
- It is important that you do not pick apples and pears too early.
- There are different varieties, but it is easy to see when the fruit is ripe. The stem must come off the wood slightly when the fruit is turned. So you can remove the fruit directly from the tree.
- In order not to attract pests, fall fruit should be removed regularly. For this it is easy if you lay an old curtain or a cloth on the floor. The fruit can fall on it and you do not need to pick the varieties individually with your hands.
- In autumn, fruit trees can be cut or transplanted. Transplanting the young trees is still worthwhile, but the older ones should keep their location.
- It is also a good time to plant pollinators. So you have additional plants for non-load-bearing trees. The trees, which have grown very large and may not be able to bear the many fruits, must be supported and tied up.